Yields: 6 servings | Serving Size: 1 lettuce leaf taco | Calories: 215 | Total Fat: 13g | Saturated Fat: 3g | Trans Fat: 0g | Cholesterol: 56mg | Sodium: 866mg | Carbohydrates: 11g | Fiber: 5g | Sugars: 4g | Protein: 16g | SmartPoints: 6 |
- 1 pound lean ground turkey
- 3 tablespoons taco seasoning, homemade or store-bought
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher or sea salt (only if not already in the taco seasoning, like in the homemade version above)
- 1 cup (half-pint) cherry tomatoes, halved
- 1 avocado, pitted, peeled, and diced
- 1 cup salsa, no sugar added
- 12 whole romaine heat lettuce leaves
- Add ground turkey to a skillet.
- Cook over medium heat for 8 minutes until browned.
- Add 1/3 cup water, taco seasoning, and salt (if not already an ingredient in the seasoning).
- Allow cooking for 3 minutes more.
- Remove from heat.
- Double each lettuce leaf so the top fits into the second and you have 6 doubled leaves altogether.
- Spoon in the meat mixture.
- Add cherry tomatoes and avocado pieces.
Top each with salsa.
Serve and enjoy!