Thai Tofu Quinoa Meal Prep
Incorporating more plant-based proteins into your week can be beneficial to not only your cardiovascular health but to your overall weight loss goals. Quinoa and Soy protein are considered to be complete sources of essential amino acids. In comparison to animal proteins, these plant-based protein powerhouses have almost zero saturated fat!
- 1 package extra-firm tofu (15 oz), diced
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon sesame oil
- 1 cup uncooked quinoa
- 1½ cups chicken broth
- ½ cup slivered almonds
- 1 cup shredded carrots
- 2/3 cup chopped scallions
- ½ cup fresh cilantro
For the sauce:
- 2 teaspoons creamy peanut butter
- 2 tablespoons Sriracha sauce
- 2 tablespoons of rice wine vinegar
- 3 tablespoons coconut milk
- ½ tablespoon brown sugar
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- ½ lime, juiced
- 1 teaspoon grated ginger
- 30 minutes before cooking, drain, and rinse tofu.
- Wrap in a clean dish towel and place it on a rimmed dinner plate.
- Place another plate on top and weight down with something heavy to press out some of the excess liquid.
- Let sit 15-30 minutes.
- Preheat oven to 350? F.
- Toss tofu, soy sauce, and sesame oil in a bowl.
- Place tofu in a single layer on a lined baking sheet.
- Bake for 35-40 minutes tossing every ten minutes to crisp tofu on all sides.
- Toast and cook quinoa.
- Place a medium sizes saucepan on medium-low heat.
- Add in dry quinoa and toast for 5 minutes, stirring occasionally until golden brown.
- Add broth to quinoa, lower heat slightly.
- Cover and cook for 12-15 minutes or until all liquid is absorbed.
- Fluff with a fork and set aside.
- Make the sauce:
- Place peanut butter in bowl and microwave for 10 seconds to melt.
- Add remaining ingredients and whisk well to combine.
- Toast the almonds:
- Place almonds in a small saucepan.
- Cook on medium-low heat, stirring occasionally until almonds are golden grown.
- Toss together quinoa, vegetables, herbs, tofu, and nuts.
- Pour sauce over everything and toss to combine. ENJOY!
NUTRITION FACTS (1 serving, 1/6 of recipe)
Total Fat: 10 g
Total Carbohydrates: 27 g
Dietary Fiber: 4.5 g
Sugars: 4 g
Protein: 12 g