Most people try to lose weight by following a fitness plan; they get anxious and start expecting results in just a matter of days. What you need to understand is that you gained that weight in years and yet you want it to disappear in a week or two, well that’s not how it works.
However, studies have found that adopting small lifestyle changes can have a huge impact on your weight loss journey. The best part, you can expect to see results sooner than most fad diets.
Below are some of the most important tips that may sound small but can help achieve weight loss goals in the long run:
- Focus On Hydration: Keep a water bottle handy. Whether you are traveling, working, going for a walk in the park, or just spending time at home. When you put a water bottle in front of yourself, you are more likely to drink it often. This will help you stay hydrated, and you won’t mistake thirst for hunger.
- Watch Your Drinks: Always watch your alcohol intake. The more you consume alcohol, the more you’ll gain weight. It is because most drinks like margaritas, pina colada, and even shots have more calories in them than you might think. Cocktails are more dangerous as they are high in sugar content; this is why you must ensure that the drink that you consume the most is water.
- Mindful Eating Is The Way To Go: Many of us tend to eat while watching tv, others nibble while being on their phones, some even eat between their assignments and chores. In all of these ways, people either consume more than normal or eat inappropriately. On the other hand, when you are sitting for a meal without any distraction, you’ll not only enjoy your food better, you’ll also chew properly, observe the taste and ultimately, eat mindfully.
- Don’t Consume Too Much Oil: Diet culture and new studies have led us to believe that natural and virgin oils are great for our bodies, which is true by the way. But since we’re not clear as to how much we should consume, we sometimes end up adding more oil into our food than recommended. So look out for that.
- Say No To Packaged Food: Packaged foods are full of preservatives, added sugar, and high sodium. All of these can cause water retention, weight gain, and several health issues. Add more fresh foods into your diet and you’ll notice how light you feel. Try and read more about which ingredients you should avoid when buying packaged foods that are not available fresh.
- Better Sleep: We can’t stress this enough. A good night’s sleep is crucial to anyone’s health. Sleepless nights can cause stress which in turn causes stress eating, hormonal imbalance, and weight gain. When you sleep better, you feel better, energized, your blood sugar levels regulated and your hunger under control.
At Houston Weight Loss, We work with patients to help them achieve their weight loss goals through bariatric services, meal planning, lifestyle changes, exercise regimes, and post-surgery guidance. If you are interested in weight loss surgery, give us a call, and book our free bariatric consultation today!