How To Know If You Qualify For A Gastric Sleeve Surgery?
Gastric sleeve surgery is quite popular among current bariatric procedures. Not only is it considered an effective weight-loss tool but is also the most recommended treatment for obesity. However, obesity is not the only eligibility patients need to get a laparoscopic gastric sleeve. There are some specific tick boxes you need to check before a bariatric expert tells you whether you are a candidate for such a procedure.
Boxes You Need To Check Before Getting A Gastric Sleeve
Generally, if you want to qualify for a gastric sleeve surgery, you must fall under the categories mentioned below
- You are obese and aged between 18 to 70 years.
- Your BMI is higher than 40 or your BMI is higher than 35 and you have chronic issues related to obesity. These may include diabetes, hypertension, cardiovascular or respiratory issues.
- You’re not a heavy drinker.
- You have tried usual methods of weight loss including changing eating habits, exercise, diets and still haven’t lost weight in a sustainable manner.
- You are ready to commit to permanent lifestyle changes after the surgery.
- You understand the risks, benefits, and physical and mental stress of the procedure.
- You are all in for making dietary changes and follow exercise regimes suggested by your bariatric surgeon post-op.
Although these are the general guidelines suggested by bariatric experts, every patient is unique. Their health issues, metabolic rates, and factors related to other aspects of health are different and can be analyzed only when they meet with a doctor for further evaluation. At Houston Weight Loss, Dr. Wadiwala will have a one-on-one consultation with you before the procedure and discuss the surgery and its after effects in detail. You can always book your free bariatric consultation through our website.
Why Pick Gastric Sleeve Surgery Over Other Procedures?
Well, to begin with, it’s the most popular and effective treatment for losing weight and maintaining that weight loss. It is tried, tested and proven to be low in risk as compared to their laparoscopic procedures.
That being said, it is crucial for your own safety to get a professional evaluation by a board-certified surgeon. This is why, get an educated evaluation by our experts and make a well-informed decision for your better health.
Houston Weight Loss has been helping patients with weight loss solutions for years. We would love to help you with your weight loss goals as well. Book your free consultation today.