SERVES 2 / PREP: 10 MINUTES / COOK: 20 MINUTES / TOTAL: 30 MINUTES
2 (4-ounce) salmon fillets
1 tablespoon maple syrup Juice of
1½ teaspoons Chili Powder
1½ teaspoons dried paprika
½ teaspoon garlic powder
1) Preheat the oven to 400°F. Line a baking dish or rimmed baking sheet with aluminum foil.
2) Place the salmon skin-side down in the dish.
3) Pour the maple syrup and lemon juice over the salmon.
4) Sprinkle the chili powder, paprika, and garlic powder over the fillets.
5) Bake for 20 minutes. The salmon is done when the fish flakes easily with a fork.
6) Serve immediately.
Ingredient tip: Don’t overcook the salmon. Overcooked fish turns rubbery, and the “fishy” flavor tends to be emphasized. Fish is safely cooked when the internal temperature measures 145°F with a meat thermometer.
Per Serving (4 ounces): Calories: 197 Total fat: 8g Sodium: 53mg Total carbs: 9g Sugar: 7g Fiber: 0g Protein: 23g
Post-Op Servings: Soft food 2 ounces , General food 4 ounces
Kent MS RDN CD, Sarah. Fresh Start Bariatric Cookbook: Healthy Recipes to Enjoy Favorite Foods After Weight-Loss Surgery . Rockridge Press. Kindle Edition.